Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Spring Fever & Lent

Yesterday the high was somewhere in the high 40s or low 50s. BUT the sun was out & there were NO clouds. So I went for a walk with Bama (the pup passed out below). I had to wear pants, & a long sleeve shirt but by the end of the walk I was alittle hot, it felt great! I can tell Spring is on it's way & that makes me so happy. This time of year cheers me right up. There is something so renewing about it, everything is starting over.
Please excuse my backyard, since it is winter we are not out there much so it just looks like a junkyard! Bama had himself a nice nap in the sun. Allie wouldn`t come outside because they were bombing again today.

The sun was nice & bright. It was not cold at all as long as you weren`t in the shade.

I stole Matt's Bible & sat out there & read for a while.

But it is kinda hard when Ralph is crying & howling the whole time. This is our neighbors basset hound, he is such a sweet dog. He loves to have Bama & Allie play with him through the fence, they run up & down together. If he didn`t cry & howl so much, I would steal him!

Lent is coming up & I have no idea what to do this year. Last year I didn`t drink for Lent. Well I`m already in the "not drinking boat" because I`m pregnant, so that is a no go. I don`t know what to give up for Lent OR take on. Since I`m pregnant & sit at home all day I don`t have too much going on in my life to give up. So I think I`m going the "take on" route this year. I really want to memorize a couple of verses I think. Ones that I can use when I feel like I`m being tempted by the devil. I guess I need to pray about it more. I would love to hear what yall are doing Lent!

I`m going to do a post about somethings I can`t live without/my favorite things, so keep an eye out for it : )

No comments:

Post a Comment