Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Weddings & Lent

We are back & I`m still catching up on sleep! As always our trip home was very eventful, non-stop from morning to night! But we both loved every minute of it! Also, as always, we did not want to leave.....at all! But as of today we are at 55 days till we move! The weather was great & the time spent with everyone was great. The first night there we stayed in Lake Wales. My oldest sister had everyone over to her house for dinner. The sisters were in the den & all the brother-in-laws were in the kitchen. Us girls were laughing because we swear the boys were louder then us.
Here is a shirtless Grady. Later in the night we got into a deep conversation with Grady haha He was asking Aunt Ambrey where the baby came from, who did it, & when she comes out if her hand would come out first haha We think he thinks the baby comes out of your belly button. It was too cute.
Here is Colton with his Laffy Taffy. I had to run to the store for Hayley & Colton wanted to come. We get to the aisle & he asks for some candy haha a 6 year old & a pregnant girl are not a good combo, of course I said YES!
Here is Miss Priss Finley. Hayley gave her a ponytail. I could just eat her up! She is a crazy lady and she loves her some Uncle Matt. I think it is because he gives her food!
Speaking of food Brannan (my 2nd oldest sister) brought these cupcakes for dessert. They are low calorie, 180 instead of the normal 250. They were very good for being "diet" cupcakes! I think they are a Taste of Homes recipe.
In this photo (L to R): Me, Matt, Jen (Bride/My college roommate), Kendal (Groom/Matt's childhood friend), Paige (9 months pregnant) & Case. Matt, Kendal, Case & Paige all grew up together in Lakeland. The 3 boys also went on to college together at Warner, & lived & played Baseball together. Jen & I were college roommates our freshmen year together at Warner. Matt & I started dating first, then I told Jen she should meet Matt's friend Kendal. They were a perfect match! They are both very strong Christians AND great friends to me & Matt. We have actually asked them to be Parker's God-Parents : )
Matt & I (& Parker) at Jen's & Kendal's reception, it was on Kendal's family's ranch. It was so stinking cute too! It was country chic!
Courtney, Jen & I, she looked so pretty!

Now on to wedding number 2, Matt's mother's! It was in Melbourne at a little chapel. Family & close friends were there as Matt walked his mother down the aisle. I`m so happy Marcia has found such a great man. She really deserved it!
Marcia & Bill after the wedding. We went out to eat at a "hole in the wall" seafood restaurant after the wedding. It was all very lovely and we got to see a lot of Matt's family.

As I said earlier it was all go, go, go, well at least for Matt. I got to hang back in LW an extra day to hang out with my Mom. But since Matt was in the wedding for our friends he was helping anything they needed. Really the first time he & I just got to hang out was Sunday morning, we went for a walk. But we were both very happy with our trip. This time I cried on the way back to LW after Matt's Mom's wedding. But as my husband reminded me, this is our last trip back up to Kentucky. The next time we come down it is for good! Right when we got off the plane Matt said, "the only thing that will make us feel better is to start packing tonight" haha

Lent starts today so this morning I had to make my final decision on what to do! I`m going with memorizing Bible verses. I don`t know how many I`m going to try to do, but I at least know my first one. My first to memorize is 2 Timothy 1:7, "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind". I was watching Beth Moore this morning & she was talking about this passage. I think it is a good one for me to know off the top of my head because I`m a worrier & I have a  lot of fear. This will remind me God has equipped me for other things in life!

No comments:

Post a Comment