Monday, March 14, 2011

Packing.....Day 1

In 50 days we move home! So I figured I better start packing. I mean I am 6 & 1/2 months pregnant, I`m getting around a little slower these days. So before lunch I emptied out the kitchen of the items I do not use everyday. When I look at the photo below I can`t believe this much stuff is just for "occasions" or are used once in a blue moon. I am giving away 12 cups & some other items to Goodwill. I plan to do that while I shift through all of our junk. I have to remember I can`t take it to Heaven with me!
After I made this huge mess before lunch......I took a nap. Then Matt came home for lunch & I promised I would pack it all up.
Well this is what I have left of my mess. I think I made a good dent! I needed to get more boxes out of our shed but it was raining & 39 degrees & I honestly didn`t want to go out in it. After tomorrow it should be packed. My plan is to do alittle by little everyday. So by the time moving day comes it is all ready to go!
Here is a photo of Miss Kitty. She looks like a young cat but she is actually about 10 or 11 years old. She is a mini kitty who wears a tuxedo. I`m not worried about the dogs & Parker, I`m worried about the cat & Parker! Miss Kitty is by my side all day long & even sleeps right next to me every night. We will see I guess how she does with the transition. But I don`t think she will like that there is a new "baby" in town.

I memorized my first bible verse way faster then I thought I would (2 Timothy 1:7). So I guess I`ll lean a verse a week. My next is Matthew 7:7-8, "Ask & it will be given to you; seek & you will find; knock & the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; & to him who knocks the door will be opened." I like this one because I struggle with praying. Not that I don`t like it, I just have a hard time remembering to. I know that is horrible, but I always want to be honest about my walk with God. I feel like this will help me to remember to always go to God & not try to figure it out myself. My husband actually told me if I wanted he would help me with my praying. I almost cried in that moment. Right away I prayed to God thanking Him for Matt. He is really taking his role as spiritual leader in our family.

1 comment:

  1. Tim and I try to pray together as much as possible. It allows him to hear what I am praying for and vise versa. It also helps me with praying aloud.

    ReplyDelete