Sunday, March 13, 2011

HaPPy BiRtHDaY

Yesterday was my husband's 24th Birthday. It is strange to think he was 18 when we started dating, I got him fresh out of high school ; ). I am 1 year & 11 months exactly older then Matt. In high school I always dated older guys & the thought of dating someone my age or younger was a no. But that was until my sophomore year of college, when I saw that boy sitting on the cooler at a bonfire. Even though Matt is younger, I have always looked up to him. He has always been mature for his age. I`m so lucky he is my husband & I hope I made his birthday special even though it was just us & the animals.
I got the sign from Vista Print.  I`m warning you about that website, my boss Shelly told me about it. I bought everything but the kitchen sink. It is VERY addicting & they always have some special going on that makes you think, "I need that!". I wrote his name & the numbers with a dry erase maker. The plan is I can use this for all birthdays in our home, but we will see how easily the marker comes off today when I take it down. I tied the bows on to make his chair the birthday chair haha he didn`t really care for that,
I woke up early (well I always do) cleaned the house & made him breakfast. Here  are the bacon & cheese biscuits I made, I got the recipe from here. They were good, I used Bisquick instead of making my own dough though. I got the Happy Birthday napkins from the Dollar store
This is what we did all morning. We have the whole couch, but they squeeze down on my end. We then went for a walk because the weather here right now is great! Then we got dressed & went to Elizabethtown.
I have been craving some wine, but being pregnant that is a no go. So I went for the next best thing, sparkling grape juice. But I guess they don`t sale the bottles of the sparkling grape juice year round, well at least our Wal-Mart didn`t have them. We found this instead, only 10 calories a can, which filled my whole wine glass. It was nice to "pretend" : )
While we were out we also went by Target & bought this. It is the Munchkin Steam Guard Microwave Sterilizer for bottles & breast pump accessories. Since we registered at Target we got a free gift card for $20, you had to go into the store to redeem it. So we bought something off our registry that I considered "not fun" for others to buy. Now I`m sure dishwashers can sterilizer bottles. But, brace yourself for this, the ranch house where we will be moving does not have a dishwasher. Yeah, horrible I know! I`m so bad about dishes & I have a dish washer now. I can`t imagine how it will be out there. I told Matt we are buying all paper products! So this will be perfect for living out there, because really when am I going to have time to boil water & do it that way?!
Matt requested baked Ziti for his birthday meal. I actually doubled the whole recipe BUT the pasta sauce & it turned out perfect. Well, at least Matt said it was perfect : ) We both LOVE Italian food!
For dessert I made the cookie brownies. I have made them before but I bought them separate. This time I bought the box that comes with both inside. I knew Matt would love these, he likes desserts he can just pick  up & eat. I heard him go in there twice after he had his first taste & steal some more : )
I added some of this on top in a bowl and....
HELLO calories! But it was soooo good. I actually like the cookie brownies even better the next day!
Here is a picture of Matt right after I sang him happy birthday. Getting him to smile is most likely just as hard as it is for some parents to get there kids to smile! I hate the picture is kinds blurry but he looks so nice smiling! I guess my singing is what made him laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment