Sunday, October 18, 2009

That Boy Sitting on the Cooler.....

I LOVE this weather! I love when you can wear jeans and a long sleeve shirt and not have to carry a jacket. It's the best.....but it does make me miss Matthew. This weather reminds me of the time I met him and feel in love (sappy, I know).

First semester of my sophomore year of college started off normal. Once the weather changed, we had bon fires about every weekend. One particular night at a bon fire I looked up and saw this boy sitting on a cooler staring at me. My first thought was, "Who is that? He is cute!". I realized I had a class with him, he was a freshmen, and I knew his name was either Case, Brad or Matt. I was dating someone else that first semester of college. But every bon fire "that boy sitting on the cooler" was there staring at me, and I couldn't help but stare back at him : ) One bon fire he was trying to act cool. I was sitting on a tailgate with some girlfriends and he went to sit in a chair right in front of me. One of his friends pulled the chair out from under him and he fell right under my feet. I leaned over and asked, "Are you okay?" hahaha If we only knew! Anyways, second semester rolled around and my relationship at the time ended. I went to workout and the only other person in the gym was "that boy sitting on the cooler". I got home and wrote him an e-mail and it was all over from there. The first time we "talked" in person was a cold night after a basketball game. The first time we kissed was a cold night after a bon fire. The first time he told me he loved me was a cold night sitting outside his house.

So every time it is cold and I smell a fire. I think of "that boy sitting on the cooler" in jeans, boots, a long sleeve shirt with a short sleeve shirt over it and his (BLAH) Alabama hat on. It just makes a huge smile come across my face. It takes me back every time. I can not wait for the day I get to see "that boy sitting on the cooler" again <3

1 comment: