Wednesday, February 16, 2011

LoVe

Well I hope yall had an enjoyable Valentine's Day. I just wanted a box of chocolates, which my husband bought me Friday night when we ran into CVS haha oh married life. But I was quite happy with it : ) His gift from me was a box of Mike & Ike's & a card. We like to celebrate but we don`t really do too much for it. But I did want to cook a Valentine's Day dinner because this will be our last one before the baby comes.

A friend of mine posted a link about the below cookies (Here is her blog). I was already planning on making Red Velvet cake, but I thought my husband would like this better. He is more of a cookie person then a cake person. The recipe is from Mommy's Kitchen, & I have fallen in love with ALL her recipes! My husband is VERY picky with food. So I always have a harder time finding things that he will eat. She makes things right up his ally!

You need a box of red velvet cake mix, 1/2 cup of vegetable oil & 2 eggs. I didn`t make the frosting she also makes I just used store bought Cream Cheese frosting. Preheat oven to 350.
Mix together the cake mix, oil & eggs.
Roll dough into quarter sized balls. Place on a greased cookie sheet. Place in oven for 8 to 10 mins.
Once you remove them from the oven let them cool off till they are warm & transfer them to a cooling rack. Once completely cooled, match up cookie sizes. Then place icing on the back side of a cookie & top it with it's match. Like an Oreo.
They taste great & were a hit with Matt. Thanks for posting the link Shelly! They were the center piece for our Valentine's Day dinner. I also made the Low Country Smothered Pork Chops that is on Mommy's Kitchen, I think it is Paula Deen's recipe. I usually don`t care for Pork Chops because they are always dry tasting to me but these were sooooo tender! I left out the pepper & onion though cause Matt wouldn`t have touched it haha.
Just wanted to add this photo of our strange dog Bama.
I finally got to monogram some of Parker's clothes! They all turned out really cute! I went with "B" for Brown because if we have another boy I want him to be able to wear the hand me downs!

Tomorrow morning I fly to Florida to go home for the weekend! Please say a prayer for me because I don`t care for flying, plus flying alone! But I`m so excited to see my family!


No comments:

Post a Comment