Sunday, February 6, 2011

Craving to Cook

Well really this recipe has no cooking.....but I have been in the mood to make stuff again! I`m finally starting to get less sick now, I think I have gone a whole week with out getting sick! So everything food wise is starting to look good to me. I know I`m suppose to gain weight but I don`t want to go crazy. So I was looking for "desserts" with a more healthy twist. I found this recipe from Paula Deen.....I know Paula & healthy don`t seem to go together : )

You will need 3 tablespoons of honey, 3/4 cup Orange Juice, 3 (6oz) Yogurt any flavor, 9 (3oz) cups, & 9 wooden sticks.
*Please excuse me for not having Florida Naturals....I`m a little embarrassed. I`m a bad Lake Walesian (sp?)

Mix together 1 tablespoon of honey, 1/4 of OJ & 1 yogurt carton. Pour into 3 of the cups.
Repeat this step two more times. Now that I think about it you could really mix it all together at once. I just did what Paula told me to do!

I used toothpicks because I have a ton of them. If you have little ones, might not be a good idea. I stuck the toothpicks into the cups & then stuck them in the freezer. Paula did this different, she let them freeze a little then stuck in her sticks. I let them sit in the freezer for about 5 hours.


Here is the finished product! I took a picture of the bottom cause I thought it was funny it said solo on the bottom. I calculated & they are around 85 calories for each Yogurt pop. I usually have one at night for my "dessert" after dinner. They taste great! They will be great when we are back in Florida on a hot summer afternoon! I have attached the link for the recipe below.

No comments:

Post a Comment