Monday, April 4, 2011

Update on Parker's Name

I called my Grandma this morning. I knew my parents most likely told her we were using Bany for Parker's middle name but I wanted to make sure. Well they had already told her but I`m so glad I called her. I miss my grandma. When I was home I would go grocery shopping for her & would get her gas. Then I would always go & sit with her & just talk about whatever. I`m glad when I move home I can start doing that again.

Anyways my Uncle Bany (my father's mother's brother) was named after their mother's brother. He was born in Yugoslavia & moved they think to Illinois when he came over. In Serbian it was spelled Pane, from the way my grandma said it is sounded like "Pawn-e". Also she said Bany is spelled with an "a" but people usually pronounced it the way it was spelled or as Beny (which is how we say it). She said her mother always said "Beny", she doesn't know why they spelled it with an "a". We will spell it the way he did, Bany, but pronouce it as "Beny". He never had children, this way his name can be carried on.

1 comment:

  1. ML, I have such great memories of you Uncle Bany. I can vividly remember cold bottles of coke he would give us when we came to visit AND pictures of you and your sisters all over his house! What a great legacy your little boy will have!

    ReplyDelete