Friday, April 8, 2011

The Most Unhappy Family



I was on the blog The Laughing Stork this morning when I came across this article. They say that the happiest family has two girls. Want to know the least happiest family? A family with 4 girls, this made me laugh out loud. I come from a family of 5 girls. Yes you read that right.

My parents had been married I think for 7 or 8 years before they had my oldest sister Hayley. My mother was 29 at the time. Like any man my father wanted a boy, so they had another child, Brannan the second oldest & a girl. And they tried again, Ambrey the middle child & a girl. So they tried again, Ashton the fourth & a girl. Now I don`t know if my parents decided, "Lets try again but if this one is a girl we are done!" And wouldn`t know you it the last, the baby, was a girl, ME : ) My mother was 36 when she had me. They didn`t have anymore.

Growing up in a house full of girls was quite an experience. Playing with dolls & dress up, to summers spent in the pool, to hand me down clothes, to matching dresses, to fights over clothes (usually what most fights were about). I love my childhood & the memories I have with my sisters. I would never say it was "horrible" growing up with 4 older sisters. Not to say we haven`t had our times where you swear you hate each other, but those feelings always went away. Even now as we are all adults, we still fight, get mad or annoyed with each other. We are not scared to let each other know their faults. And then tease them forever about it haha. But they are my sisters, the bond I have with them is like no other I have with anyone. One of my sisters could do something horrible to me but the next day if something happened to her I would be right there. We have each others backs no matter what is happening in life. They are my best friends, no matter where life take us.

Now that is from the perspective of growing up in a house of 5 girls. If you ask my parents what it is like raising 5 girls they might have a different answer, but I know they love us. Now ask me if I want to raise sisters, that is a totally different story. I want a girl & I would love for her to have that bond I have with my sisters. But wow I don`t know how my Mother did it! She is a strong women!

I think my family is a very happy family & I would not trade them for the world. Even if they say we are the most unhappy family statistically!

 And don`t feel too bad for my Dad, he has 4 son-in-laws & 3 grandsons (Parker is on the way).



No comments:

Post a Comment