Friday, January 8, 2010

When He Proposed.......




I wasn`t in total shock when Matthew proposed. He had decided to join the army @ the start of May. So we talked and we decided we would get married before he got to his duty statation. Which we figured was November or December. I had printed out the type of stone I wanted, emerald cut. So I knew it was going to happen in those 2 weeks before he left, I just didn`t know when. But I wan`t like on my toes the whole time or anything like that.

The day was May 16, a Friday. I wasn`t in the best of moods because of work when I talked on the phone with him. In my head I was thinking, "he is being weird". Usually he doesn`t care if I am in a bad mood, but he was trying to cheer me up & kept saying, "don`t be mad." WAY in the back of my head I thought, "I wonder if he was going to propose?". But the thought quickly left. So I got off work and headed out to the ranch. When I got there Matt asked if I wanted to go fishing, I said yes and went inside and changed. So we headed down to the lake, parked, got out & started fishing. I lost my fake worm, he said he would put it on for me. I walked over to the back of the truck & Matthew was on one knee with the tackle box sitting on the bed of the truck. I proceed to say, "why are you on your knee, those are good jeans, you are getting them dirty?!" He just ignored me & told me to get the worm out of the tackle box for him, he said it was all the way at the bottom. I still didn`t know what was going on hahaha. SO I opened it, nothing was in it, so I opened the bottom, and there was a little black box. I started crying, he asked I said yes & that's it : )

1 day : ) Afghanistan is 9 & a half hours ahead of us. So Matthew is leaving on the 9th there. His Friday right now is pretty much over, (8:38am here) it is about 6pm there right now. He should be getting here Monday, we think.

2 comments:

  1. You don't know me, but I found your blog by way of my cousin, Bonny, about a week or so ago. On her sidebar, your blog is listed and one of your titles caught my eye. It was right when you started posting the stories of you and your husband's "courtship." I've been checking in here and there and just thought I'd wish you two a very happy reunion on, hopefully, Monday! I send my thanks to you and him for your sacrifice and service to our country. Best wishes!!! ~Heidi (Sebring)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thanks so much Heidi! That is very sweet of you : )

    ReplyDelete