Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Year Resolutions

A New Year, a new start. It makes me want to clean out all my closets & get organized. Which I`m actually going to do because my husband has to go to the field for 3 days. So I`ll be home alone, might as well!

I don`t really have a New Year Resolution, not like a list or anything. The only thing I`m focusing on this year is GOD! My mother got Matt & I a couples devotion book, so we have started that. And a great friend of mine suggested, "Becoming More Than a Good Bible Study Girl" by Lysa Terkeurst, which I have ordered, just waiting on it to get here. I have been making sure I pray more. Because my role as a Christian is about to change. I`m about to be some one's mother.....ahhhh! I know my mother is a strong Christian women. I can always go to her with questions & for advice. She is a great role model for me to look up to in life but also with God. Now I`m going to be that to my little child. I want to make sure they feel the same way about me. Not that I won`t still have struggles. I just want to make sure I raise them knowing Jesus & knowing that their mother & father both love Jesus. I am so blessed to have a husband who was raised that way too. His mother is another strong Christian women.

So I`m trying to make sure I`m prepared to be someone's spiritual pillar & guide. It is a little scary to think BUT with God's help I pray I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment