Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A Weight Lifted.....

It is over! Matthew is HOME!!!! He came home Saturday morning, 4:15am actually! I woke up at 1am, got ready and made it to the Gym for the ceremony by 2:30am. I wanted a good seat ; ) Anyways they came in the Gym in formation & had MAYBE a 5 minute ceremony. Then they were released, but I could not find him. I stood up on the bleachers & searched (I told him what I was going to wear). Then finally I made eye contact with this handsome man, and I was like, "Oh, my husband!" haha


It is a GREAT feeling not to have to worry anymore! He is still quite messy but I don`t mind it. We are happily getting back to our normal life, eating meals together, walking the dogs, working out, watching TV together, just the normal everyday things you miss when your husband is half way across the world at war.

The bags sat at the bottom of the stairs for a couple days, but cleaning was the last thing on my mind!

His Welcome Home Cupcake

Sigh......oh how I missed this. I can not even explain the happiness I feel!

I guess with the moving, unpacking, waiting & finally his return, my relationship with God has taken a backseat. Horrible I know, but like I said, I`m not perfect. I love God but sometimes I let other things fill that hole that only He can fill. Anyways I was still praying here and there, thanking Him for Matt's safe return, but I knew I had wondered off again. So last night while I laid in bed I was thinking, "Tomorrow I`m starting my quite time with God again." Just feeling guilty I had not been working on my relationship. This morning Matt had to wake up at 4:45am. So when his alarm went off I couldn't fall back asleep. So I got out of bed, said goodbye to my husband and sat down and had my morning coffee. It was before 6am so the only thing on was Paid Programming. So while I`m flipping through I see Beth Moore, I love Beth Moore!!! So I stop and start watching it. She was talking about how it is okay sometimes to have your "fast food" time with God. But that we need to sit and just fellowship with him. She also talked about the Bread of Life, and that God is always there for you. Well I start balling my eyes out. Okay God got the message. I just talked to God about how sorry I was for letting my own things become more important then Him. I really needed that, I already feel the hole is starting to fill up again. It is just amazing to me how God works and how He slips into our lives when we aren`t even paying attention. He is like, "Hey over here, remember me? Yeah the guy that died for you & loves you more then anything!"


No comments:

Post a Comment