Friday, April 16, 2010

KENTUCKY!

A lot has happened since my last post. I`m now FINALLY in Kentucky. I miss home & everyone BUT I`m so close to Matthew being here I can taste it : P

We left last Friday, the 9th. Stopped in Alabama for my mother's 40th college reunion. She went to Judson, which is an all girls college. My Father went to Marion Military, which back then was an all boy college. And so they met & fell in love. This is where they got engaged at, on Judson's campus.
It was the most beautiful campus I have ever been to. This was an Antebellum house that was across the street from the school. I could sit there all day & just look at it. What I wouldn`t give to fix that thing up! My vacation home can be in Marion, AL haha.
                                     
This was a HUGE magnolia tree that was on campus. I just LOVE the South! Too bad I couldn`t replant it in my little townhouse backyard!

So on Sunday we made it to my house. Then Monday was my 25th Birthday. Yeah it felt like any other day. I know from here to when we have children, birthdays are going to be boring. Anyways my parents took me to a restaurant/Primitive store called Back Home. My mom surprised me, but actually I had told Matt the whole time we were here last time I wanted to go there. It had some good food & great finds!


So we worked like crazy getting everything out of storage & to my house. My parents left Thursday and all the downstairs was done. Now the upstairs is a different story, my clothes, his clothes, my clothes, the sewing room, my clothes haha. I take up every closet & space pretty much, poor Matt. But I`m settled in for the most part. Oh, the dogs & cat! They all made it, Allie & Bama (dogs) & Kitty (well you know what she is!) have been great! I knew Kitty would be fine. But my ranch dogs have turned into house dogs very easily, actually too easily. All they do is sleep, sleep, sleep! So now I`m just waiting on the day for him to return. Cleaning, organizing & working out. I can`t believe it is finally almost over!

No comments:

Post a Comment