Thursday, February 11, 2010

Jesus.......

http://blog.beliefnet.com/idolchatter/2010/02/linday-lohan-posing-as-jesus.html

If you go to the link above, it is an article about Lindsey Lohen posing like Jesus on the cross. At first I was thinking, "How horrible!" But after I read the article I was looking at it from a WHOLE other angle. At the end the writer put, "In the end, I think I'm glad for anything that reminds people of Jesus, especially the gift of His actions on the cross. Even if the person posing wouldn't be my first pick!" Douglas Howe. I started thinking, he is actually right. No Lindsey Lohen isn`t the best role model in the world. But people are going to see this photo and it will get people talking about Jesus. Which is good right?

I was having a conversation with one of my good friends about Jesus & being a Christian. We started talking about this verse,

While Jesus was having dinner at Levi's house, many tax collectors and "sinners" were eating with him and his disciples, for there were many who followed him. When the teachers of the law who were Pharisees saw him eating with the "sinners" and tax collectors, they asked his disciples: "Why does he eat with tax collectors and 'sinners'?" On hearing this, Jesus said to them, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
Mark 2:15-17

Jesus was right there in the mix of them. He wanted to be around the people that most Christians now a days would not look twice at. My favorite Christians are the ones who love the sinner but hate the sin. They are friends with people who are nothing like them. They don`t push Jesus down their throats. They let them see into their lives, and see there is something different about them, JESUS!!!

I`m not saying making fun of Jesus/thinking you are him is okay. And you might not agree with me, that is fine. But God ALWAYS has a reason for everything. Maybe this picture will get some people thinking, "Whats the deal with this Jesus?" You just never know God's planning!

No comments:

Post a Comment