Friday, February 12, 2010

To Give Up or To Pick Up?

Pop Quiz for my fellow episcopalians! What starts on Feburary 17th?

LENT!

This Tuesday is Shrove Tuesday. We will go to church and eat pancakes that night. We make pancakes to use up the ingrediants we are suppose to be giving up during Lent (milk, butter & eggs).

So everytime this year I have the question, "What are you giving up?" And every year I get stuck. Once I did fastfood, when it was over I ate some. Well we all know what fastfood does to your stomach after you haven`t ate it in a while. So you can see I have done a ton of things. But once I got older I started thinking, "Why do I have to give something up? Can`t I add something new? Like learn a bible verse once a week." If you are a fellow episcopalian, you know we don`t always know the bible as good as others. Now I can tell you what pages things are on in the book of common prayer!

So once again I`m here and not sure what to do......I want to give one thing up & pick one thing up. But WHAT?!?! I`m thinking give up drinking for Lent (yes the whole time.....goodbye sweet glass of wine) and learning the Beatitudes (Matthew 5:3-12). So I guess Tuesday night I will update yall went my Lent "Give up & Pick up".

P.S. I want to say THANK YOU to everyone who actually reads my blogs. I have been getting comments here and there from different people that they read this. It really makes me happy to know yall read it and enjoy it! So thank you for all the encouragement! I`m not the best Christian, but I try. Knowing there are others who are in the same boat as me makes it easier : )

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you posted this. I have been thinking about Lent latly and I'm confused too. Hopefully I can figure something out before then. :)

    ReplyDelete