Saturday, March 17, 2012

A Dinosaur, My Lens, & 52 Weeks

This week was Spring Break so I got to spend the whole week with my little man! He is getting so big (still no crawling) & I love watching every minute. This week he just started holding his own bottle! I love I can lay him down & hand him his bottle.
003
Here is his dinosaur that Matt's father got him. He loves to sit on it & watch Mickey Mouse. He is surrounded by pillows just in case he tips over. Every now & then he will but it isn`t a big spill & then he just lays there next to his Dino & pats him.
006
This past week was Matt's 25th birthday. We headed over Sunday to his Mom's house to celebrate. I`m two years older then Matt so it is nice now he is about to join me on the back side of the 20s.
008
Christmas Eve I some how broke my 50mm 1.8 Canon lens. I was soooo upset since it was his first Christmas and that lens take such great photos!
015
I called Canon & they told me to send it in. Either I would have to pay for repairs or it would be under warranty. Well that was in January I called, I just sent it off about 2 weeks ago. Thanks to the Lord it was under warranty, so I didn`t have to pay for anything! I just got it back this week & I was over the moon! Now I just have to refresh myself on using it in Manual!

I have joined a 52 week challenge from Home Storage Solutions-101. Each week you look at one thing in your house & organize it. This was week 1 for me & all I was to focus on was my kitchen counters & sink. First decide how you use your kitchen. We use it for food prep, cooking, food storage, mail & emptying your pockets when you come in. Once you figure out your kitchen's function you start organizing. I already had organizers for my mail & a basket for keys & that stuff. They say only leave out the appliances you use daily, which are out toaster & coffee pot. They also said get things up & off the counter, hang things on the wall.
019
I had these little buckets because I like to buy random things at Thrift shops. So now I have a sink clogger/little brush holder & a cup holder!
020
The the corner where the cookbook holder is I use to have my big stand mixer sit there. I put it up because I don`t use it all the time. It made so much more room for food prepping! When Matt got home from work he said, "the kitchen looks really nice & clean. What did you do?" You would have thought he told me I was pretty! haha I was so excited he noticed! Now they talk about how you should clean your sink out twice a day BUT I do not have a dishwasher so negative on that one!

 I really like the challenge so far because you only focus on one little thing. They said you might be tempted to keep going, say if you put an appliance in a cabinet & think, "I need to do this cabinet now too!". They say stop, don`t worry, one of the weeks you will get to that!

Parker  is at Matt's Mom's house this weekend. He hasn`t went for a weekend I think since December so I was a little sad last night when they came & got him. But Matt & I went for sushi & had a much needed date night! And I know Parker needed to spend time with his Mamaw!

 Mr. Moo says, "Have a great weekend!!"
021

No comments:

Post a Comment