Tuesday, March 6, 2012

It Took Forever

I have two craft projects that I have been "planning" to do for a long time. I finally started them and actually got them done! The first project was to make a chalkboard from a large tray I had.
014
I used the chalkboard spray paint because that is all I could find at Wal-Mart. You need to sand the item you will spray paint first.
012
Here is the tray after I spray painted it. I didn`t sand if the first time (picture above). Once it was dried I realized that I needed to, so I sanded and spray painted it again.
016
Here is my finished product! I painted the outside of the tray "spring green". Some paint got on the chalkboard so I glued the some ribbon I had around to cover where I got the paint. The blue I pained a light blue & also glued on.
020
I then nailed on the back the things to make it able to hang. I really have been talking about doing this for over a year. I`m glad I finally did it!

The next project is a Birthday Rag wreath. My sister Brannan made one & bought me one to do too. It had been sitting in my sewing room for months & I finally sat down & made it.
013
I choose to do a Birthday wreath to hang up on the day on everyone's birthday. I thought a multi color one would look "birthday-ish".
014
Here is the fabric up close. I made each strip 8 inches long & 1 inch wide. Right at the end I started to run out of certain colors, so I found some that were the same color but not the exact. They blended really well, you can`t even tell.
015
Sorry this is blurry! I tied my rags on the most outside ring & then skipped a ring & did the 3rd ring in. The part that takes the longest was cutting the fabric. I just randomly picked the rags & tied them on.

Here are some photos of Mr. Parker sitting in a little rocking chair at Nene & Poppy's. These rocking chairs were my sisters & mine when we were little. He was so funny because he could rock himself & he was just loving it! He is getting so big, I can`t even believe it!
008
007
006
009
011

No comments:

Post a Comment