Thursday, September 2, 2010

Fall Recipes

Growing up in FLA you learn a few things about our "seasons", hot & hotter. Now we do get a cold time (can range from a week to a month). But most Halloweens, Thanksgiving & even Christmas you can wear shorts. THIS is why the snowbirds flock to FLA. But we do not have a fall at all (well in our hearts). So now I`m in Kentucky and fall is the ONE thing I have to look forward to. I can`t WAIT until the leaves change. We are going home at the end of this month for a 2 week trip to see everyone. By the time we get back it should be beautiful here.

 
I have a fall Gooseberry Patch Cookbook, it is the Taste of Autumn one. It has recipes, craft & tips. So I`m going through pretty much the whole cookbook this fall, that is the plan. I figured I would feature a recipe each week from it. This week:
Apple Bread (Makes 2 loaves)


You need 3 eggs (Beaten), 2 cups Milk, 1 cup oil, 1 T vanilla extract. Mix together in a bowl.

Then you will need 3 cups flour, 1 t. baking soda & 1 t. cinnamon. Mix together then add the egg mixture from above.

You will need 3 to 4 apples, cored & chopped. **1 cup chopped pecans (I did not add, my husband does not like nuts)** Fold them into mixture. Then put into a 9x5 loaf pan that is greased & floured. Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour & 10 minutes.

The final result!!! It made the whole house smell great.

This was my lunch : ) It tasted great, really gets you in the "fall" mood. I actually did half of everything because I only had one loaf pan. But the directions I gave you are the original directions for 2 loaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment