Thursday, August 19, 2010

I am Addicted!

So Monday morning I got on my laptop like normal. Then when my husband came home for lunch he asked, "Why is the laptop not turning on?". Well the adapter died! So I was like that stinks cause A.)We are saving to go home & for Christmas presents for family so no extra money B.) I live online. But then I thought it was no big deal we will get one sometime. BTW my laptop was dead so no adapter to charge equals no turning on. Then it hit me.....I had a monogram job I had to have done & back to the client by this next Monday. No good, you download fonts & such to computer, then go on your program to put on your card to put on machine. So I couldn`t do it! Thank goodness I have great sisters! Ambrey ordered me one & had it sent 2 day mail. But with those 3 days with no laptop I actually got a lot of sewing done for my husband!
This is the MAIN reason my husband bought me my sewing/embroidery machine, to hem his sleeves. Want to know how many I have done.....well this one in the photo AND a long sleeve one (but that was a practice one). Every time he walks by the sewing room while I`m in there he asks if I have done his shirt! I also sewed some pants & shorts for him too.
Here is the job I was needing to do when my adapter died. These are for Ziggy (just a nickname), my oldest nephew's future wife :) They are her school uniform shirts.


Here are two things I worked on that I have been meaning to post. The first is a "fall banner" to hang in the house. It is sample fabrics sewn together then embroidered. The second is a sign I bought at the Dollar store for $1, I just added some "flare" to it. I LOVE the fall.
I have changed out my summer flower arrangements for my fall ones AND all my candles to Yankee candles Autumn Leaves and Autumn Wreath. I`m just waiting till Sept. 1st to put up ALL my fall decor! I can`t wait!

Sorry for the poor quality photos. If you follow my blog, you know I some how broke mine so I stole my husband's. WELL NOW I some how have broke his and he said he is not buying me another for a while. Thank goodness for camera phones! I guess it will make due for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment