Monday, June 18, 2012

Home Sweet Home

On my last post I said how our next big thing coming up was Parker's party on Saturday. While this is a big deal, I totally forgot......we are closing on our house today! We put a bid in on a house in November 2011, it was a short sale. We got an insanely low price, BUT it is 7 months later! There was a lot of praying to God and learning to be patience with it. We are super excited, but there is a lot of work to be done. It is a 2 bedroom 2 full baths, which is great for now. But we will be converting the garage to the master (2nd bath is in garage, don`t ask haha). My father-in-law is a very handy person and my husband is too, so they will be doing as much as they can. We also have 2 fireplaces, which is awesome! The backyard is huge, which is good because 1/4 of it will have all Matt's man things (boat, work shed, etc.) The rest will be a good place for a garden but still a lot of room for Parker to play in. I use to work for Shelly Windham, who is an interior designer. She is such a huge help, she came out and helped me pick paint colors.
This is the color (Useful Gray) we are painting the den, hall, dining room & kitchen.
This is the color (Analytical Gray) we are painting the bonus room that comes off the kitchen/dining room.
This is the color (Sea Salt) we are painting our bedroom.
This is the color (Believable Buff) we are painting Parker's room. 

I haven`t got a shower curtain yet, but there is one at Target I have been eyeing. So there is a lot of work to be done, but we are ready, 7months ready!



No comments:

Post a Comment