Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Mom skills....

So still waiting :  ( Trying to pass the time but you can only clean & look on line for so long. We can`t get Direct TV because we have no signal. Good news is though we can get out of our contract with out paying, since it isn`t our fault! So I have to call the cable company today! Hopefully they can come out soon!

I have made a discovery, its called the Dollar Tree! Did you know they sell food? AND they have some cute china in there! Anyways I figured I can get little things in there, cleaning supplies & some pantry stuff. If you ever have had a spouse deploy, you know coming off the deployment pay can be a bit scary! So I`m trying to watch what I spend. So I bought stuff for dinner for the week Matt is back, it is from the Deen Brothers cookbook "Yall Come Eat" (thanks Amanda!).
I got all this for $18 dollars (Texas toast also not pictured). Now I don`t have basic stuff  (like the olive oil) since I just moved. So if you have a normal pantry you most likely have the normal stuff. I bought the Meat at the Dollar Tree......hahah just kidding just seeing if you were actually reading : ) That would not be a very good choice! I really did buy the noodles, spaghetti sauce, & the crushed red pepper flakes at the dollar store. I bought everything else at Walmart (No Publix in Kentucky! Horrible I know!). It  makes 8 servings, so a family of 4 could eat off this two nights which equals a whole meal for your family for $9 (2 nights, $9 a night = $18)! So don`t hate on the Dollar Tree, who doesn`t like to save money!

More exciting news (this is where the Mom skills kicked in)! Allie's left eye was swollen shut for some odd reason. Her right eye was somewhat swollen but not all the way shut! Her ears were swollen (left more then right) and her mouth was swollen (left more then right). Thank goodness my Daddy is a vet, he thinks it is a allergic reaction. So I gave her benadryl (yes you can give dogs people meds) and it went down. Now the dogs sleep with me for now until Matt is back. So I`m in deep sleep & all of a sudden I shoot up & grab her head and push it over the side, (sorry it gets kinda gross here) she then throws up. This happened twice! I was pretty proud of myself, I mean if I can sense in my sleep when my dog is gonna throw up, I`ll be good with my kids! haha Anyways she can actually see out of her eye this morning but it still is a little swollen. My dad said the meds most likely made her sick. I`ll keep yall updated on my kid.....I mean dog : )

This was taken yesterday evening......but this morning this is what I found!

They are up! I really hope they do good! Once they are 3 ft (kinda big for the pot I think) I`m suppose to transplant them outside.
Here is to another day of waiting around & cleaning!

No comments:

Post a Comment